Tuesday 17 February 2009

Having a wobble...

Apologies for the radio silence these past 12 days. Head's not been in a good place. Been feeling low, I guess things have just got on top of me...

The pain I experienced a few weeks ago frightened the living daylights out of me, I really thought I had done some damage to the hardware or un-done the operation. It's made me fearful of it happening again. On top of that I continue to experience problems with my hips and hair loss. I know none of this is the end of the world AND worse things in life happen but it's just so bloody depressing - it's taking its toll. Twice past, I have suffered from severe depression where I have taken anti-depressants and undergone counselling in order to come out the other side. This time, I am NOT going there... I'm acknowledging the early signs and going into lock-down mode - being "healthily selfish" (as my favourite counselling tutor used to say) - until such time as my bod and head are back on track.

Thank goodness I've got Dr. Vic as he instinctively 'gets it'. Only he could think of buying me a bright pink pair of suede heels for Valentines with a note saying, The future is bright! - making me laugh and cry simultaneously... He truly is one special & thoughtful individual!

No comments: