Tuesday 14 April 2009

Lots of firsts this Easter...

Well, we had a busy Easter - as in, we did a lot more than we have done for over 6 months.

We went into London for a couple of hours on Thursday for retail and a romantic lunch - it was a great feeling to be able to do that again but I was abs. wasted by 3pm - came home and was in bed with a large dose of Tramadol by 7pm!! Great company for Dr Vic eh?

Easter Saturday we went to an engagement party and met up with lots of our friends. Can you believe I was sooo nervous. Silly I know, but it has been such a long time since we did anything 'normal' with our friends... we only stayed a couple of hours but we had a good laugh. Mind you, I felt very unsteady on my feet - I've only worn flats for 6 months so wearing a small heel (and in the rain) was unnerving. And whilst I felt self-conscious with my stick, no-one else took a second look!

Sunday and Monday was pure family time and fun. We did get some sad news though on Monday, news that makes you realise that life is very short and extremely fragile... And finally, today I went out with a dear friend of mine for a proper girlie lunch - munch, vino and a good goss, just what the doctor ordered I say.

So all in all, it's been a wonderful few days BUT very tiring. It really doesn't take too much to wear me out but you know what, it's all been bloody worth it. It's back to the routine tomorrow, pool and back circuits for me...

No comments: