Sunday 26 July 2009

A rocky week...

Thank goodness this week is over! Had a pretty rocky start, laid off the exercise (even skipped clinical pilates) and on Tuesday and Wednesday relented and took a cocktail of drugs in an effort to get relief from pain and some bloody sleep! I always said that I wouldn't be a martyr to the pain and I WON'T but it really felt like I was letting myself down...

My body, I guess, was pretty much clear of drugs after more than 3 weeks without them, so chucking a few Tramadol (synthetic morphine) and Co-codamol down my neck wasn't such a good idea. What can I say other than it was Exorcist V in the making... I took to my bed, turned green and promptly started projectile vomiting. Nice. I had completely forgotten those early years experimenting with the prescribed cocktail of drugs, trying to find what worked best for me... it brought back nightmares of one weekend where I barfed for England following application of a long-term morphine patch! Hey, the girl's got class!!!

Anyhow, things seem to have settled, drug-free again and ready for some exercise (for that read, punishment) this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your in pain again Kelly - I hope its settling now - its still very early days for major surgery - but thats hard to accept when your a busy person like you!! - thinking of you - love Sue, Pilates xxxxx