Thursday 8 January 2009

Hip and groin pain just won't SHUT UP!!!

Had a bit of a relapse. Been in bed 3 days - hips and groin hurt bad when I walk. Have had to up my meds which I really didn't want to do. Now wondering whether coming off the diclofenic (for better screw bonding) is causing me some problems. Plus marcaine and steroids injected in my spine during 2nd op will be wearing off now too (3 months relief judging by my 2 previous spinal probe outcomes). All could be impacting my pain I guess...

Upset with myself because I have overdone it with too many visitors. I loved the visitors but my back didn't. I feel I've really let Dr Vic (who's been telling me to slow down for days) and myself down badly :-(

Will be chatting with my physio at hydro on Friday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly, sorry to hear this news and we all thought you were doing so well, but still early days i guess. take it easy, bet you are fed up hearing those words!!

Got my date now..12th Feb, although they told me on the phone that if there is a cancellation, i am next on the list...so who knows it may be before then!

You take care of yourself, thinking of you and everyone else on the list too!! xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly, had a long chat with Vic last week who told me all about the last couple of months. I know what you went through with all the doubters in the early days and feel that their behavior was morally corrupt. Janette and I both hope and pray that you will soon be pain free and able to live a rewarding life. You, through this blog, demonstrate that you are, fundamentally, a giver. Hopefully by publishing your experiences nobody will have to go through the mental and physical torture that you have had had to endure for the last 4 years at the hands of those doubters. We also recognise that your spirit and positive approach, linked to Dr Vic's great bed side manner, will see you through this mind sapping situation. With our love Janette & Simon

PS Looking forward to one of your Paellas once you're up for it!