Monday 12 January 2009

Relapse recovery...

Can you believe how quickly time flies? It seems like only yesterday that I was wondering just how I was going to get through it.

The past 7-10 days have been challenging - there's no doubt that I had a serious relapse (all my own fault). Meds went up in line with pain which was not good but I think I am now back on track. How did I get back on track you might ask? Bedrest and not a lot else I'm afraid. Returned to hydro last Friday - it was painful especially the exercises that put my back into extension, which has always been a problem for me. But I was chuffed when the physio said she was impressed by my 'core' fitness - which was appraised by my ability to sit floating on 2 woggles whilst moving my arms around windmill-like!!

I'm hoping to get to the pool under my own steam from this week on, in addition to my weekly hydro... just for light exercises e.g. walking, leg raises, woggle twists & side bends.

No comments: