Tuesday 27 January 2009

The 'no picnic' part....

Some of you may remember my surgeon saying way back that recovery from this op would be no picnic. Well folks, I'm understanding his words explicitly now!!! Past two days have been a nightmare - pain up, meds up, exercise down, sleep down. So worried that I have a call out for my surgeon to ring me today. I just want a bit of reassurance that it's normal process - I'm hoping he will confirm pain is up due to the effect of long-term med injections in the spine (during ops) wearing off and my increase in hydrotherapy... bum, bum, bum!

Stop Press 15:45 hrs - surgeon concerned - has arranged for blood tests at my GP surgery tomorrow morning - testing for inflammation / infection! Please, please, please don't let it be either of these...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly, I am so sorry that you are still suffering, it is just not fair, you have been through enough. I think about you everyday and really wish there was something that I could say that would ease your pain.
You gave me so much encouragement before my Op, and that really helped me to get through it. The first thing i thought of when i came out of the aneasthetic was 'Ouch! Kelly was right about the pain', the first night and following day was the worst for me. I could not take the Morphine for long either, just made me feel sick all the time and just made me sleep! I just wanted to get up and go!
I hope your surgeon gets to the bottom of this really soon, take care...Love Angela xx