Friday 24 October 2008

I think we are almost there!

Following Kelly's' call earlier this morning, all I could say or feel was nothing but absolute "HORROR" she has been so brave throughout this week, a second op in 3 days and the problem was back, we were both speechless, and just broke down in tears, and I wasn't there to give her a hug.

However! better news to follow, the pain in her leg is back but nothing like the previous level of pain, and more importantly she got through the night on less drugs. This pain we have been told is a classic symptom for this operation and should ease in the next 24hours, on that note they have decided to keep Kelly in and extra day for observation, can I ask you all for your prayers that this time, this will be the case?

I brought Kelly's Dad down to see her today, he has been great this week looking after Millie and minding the house, that is of course when he sat still long enough, always looking for something to do, of course there were a few football matches on this week so he didn't mind. Tony as any father would be, has been very worried, but after spending the afternoon with Kelly he feels a lot more confident that she has made the right decision, and things can only go forward from here on.

Kelly was actually awake all afternoon, the first time this week, I guess the reduced drugs had something to do with it, apart from the leg pain she also has a couple bruises to her legs, we have NO idea how they happened, but that's the least of our worries.

I just had a call from Kelly, she is feeling rather down at the moment, this week has been a whirlwind for her, with the complications, and set backs she has had she hasn't had any time to think about it, (which in a way is a good thing), but now that her ward is empty (all those who had ops earlier in the week have gone home) she has had time to think about it and you can appreciate she is feeling isolated, depressed and challenging her decision, I have made it absolutely crystal clear to her, that her decision was the right one, she has my total support and that Dr. Vic will be there over the coming weeks of her recovery, 24/7 to look after her, (I'm even thinking of getting her a bell,) I look forward to the day when Kelly can get back on that dance floor again, we all know how much she loves to dance, hopefully with some of you who are reading this blog.

Kelly has a very high threshold level for pain, she told me before this all started ..." if I tell you it hurts it must really hurt" when she told me the pain was "unbelievable" well I couldn't imagine what she must have been going through, but I could see the pain and fear on her face.

I apologise if I've gone on a bit this evening, but its been a long and difficult week and when you see the one you love in pain and you can't do anymore but just be there, it really hurts.

Right I've said enough now and must end this blog, the plan is, if all goes well tonight, I will be able to bring Kelly home tomorrow.

Finally on behalf of Kelly and myself I want to thank you for all your well wishes, prayers, and blog comments, collectively you have given Kelly that additional strength she desperately needed this week.

THANK YOU!!! and God bless.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

really pleased to hear Kelly has turned the corner, this is from someone who has had this op and experienced similar fears whilst in the ward. Thank goodness you are there for her. I wish I'd had someone there for me. Fear and pain together is enough to make anyone have second thoughts but I'm sure she'll make a good recovery now.
Sending you both my very best wishes, another Dynesys patient

Anonymous said...

Vic, delighted to hear the news is good and so glad you are on the ball with this blog - I have been on here all day waiting for some news. I wanted to call you but knew you would inundated. Thank god Kelly has you there to support her. Give her all our love and tell her we are all wishing her well.

We are here for you Vic if you need us, just a call away.

Keep strong.

Jackie & Cowdrey xxx

Anonymous said...

Great news guys..... keep the faith...God is with you...
Vic, I know what it's like to watch someone you love suffer...be strong cause she needs you and the love you share is what will get both of you thru this...
my love and prayers are also with you
Mary(and Paul who I'm sure is up there watching and putting in a good word for you both)

Anonymous said...

nice to hear the good news been waiting now we can relax and hoping to hear that she is home we keep praying for Kelly and you

iz ziju Gin iz zija Manan
uncle Joe
and now Joey and Debbie just came in and said hi and God bless

Anonymous said...

whew Vic - I've been on this blog all day waiting for an update - I'm relieved enough to sleep - you must be exhausted and I can barely imagine how Kelly feels --what a rough ride! Hang in there, It looks like its about to get better! Lots of best wishes and Love and many more prayers
Lynn