Wednesday 15 October 2008

Weird shopping...

I'm lucky enough to spend one hour a week in the company of some really special ladies - as a member of a small physio-led Pilates class. No ordinary Pilates class are we, as every one of us has a body part or two that doesn't work properly (hip, knee, heart, back, neck, shoulder). We've evolved over the years into an informal support network and invaluable source of information regarding drugs, ops, surgeons and the like.

So today, armed with valuable advice and a 'must-have' list, I've been shopping...
  • wheelchair hire - http://www.redcross.org.uk/
  • zimmer, sticks, raised loo seat - district nurse or local mobility shop
  • nightwear / tops with soft inbuilt bras for comfort - http://www.bravissimo.co.uk/
  • Crocs (soft rubber slip-ons with backstrap) - non-slip, shock abs., hygienic, showerproof
  • anti-bac handwash and wipes
  • lip balm - seems to be an after-op issue
  • black plastic bag for sliding easily in and out of car seat
  • pedometer for post-op walking programme

not quite in the same league as breezing around Bluewater...

On another note, I've not been sleeping much and have definitely been a bit angsty and irritable these past couple of days, so it was wonderful to receive your encouraging emails and blog comments overnight. Some of you know me better than I know myself methinks. THANK YOU. And to the man, Parrott, it's lucky I lurve you otherwise your thoughts about my blog pic, "Harry Potter on the piss" might mean this "old bird" will give you a big slap sometime soon :-)

No comments: