Monday 29 December 2008

10 weeks post-op

Overdid things (natch) this Xmas and as a consequence am paying for it now big-stylie. Add in a stinking cold and you have one girl who feels v.sorry for herself this evening!

I was on my feet for quite some time on Christmas Day resulting in extreme pain in my groin and down the front of my legs late afternoon and into the evening... strangely enough when I woke up on Boxing Day they were gone. My pain now takes two forms - there is the 'usual' post-op pain for which I now take 8 assorted painkillers a day (down from 21!) and there is the 'overdid it' pain, self-explanatory and v.severe, which when it happens can add another 8 painkillers to the mix. The key to this whole recovery malarky is to do core exercises/hydro religiously and do everything else at a slow and sensible pace, even walking. There was no hydro on Friday so I'm really looking forward to getting down to the gym pool later in the week when this cold goes.

Muscle fizzing, extreme tiredness and back fatigue are still issues as is anxiety. I understand that healing takes time and that negativity and an unhealthy frame of mind do not aid healing, but you know what? I just can't get this fear of "re-injuring" my back out of my mind and I am worried that in the future it will hold me back from doing all sorts of things. Only time will tell, I guess...

No comments: